viernes, 29 de octubre de 2021

Chilean Church in Crisis 🌈🔥

Image 1 "Burning of one of the churches of Santiago de Chile, San Francisco de Borja after the commemoration of 18O"


The time when the Chilean Church was in crisis due to cases of sexual abuse committed by priests marked me deeply. They were episodes of violence that, in some cases, went back several decades.

When the burning of churches took place, the written press dealt with this event by highlighting facts linked to violence, insecurity, terrorism and public order in general, instead of offering a historical or social understanding of the phenomenon. There is a wound in Chilean men and women that the Chilean State has not been able to heal, and it is that the mere fact of thinking that Karadima died in total impunity makes me justify such acts of violence.

I believe that the Chilean Catholic Church should be willing to review its past and tell the whole truth.

I am not a believer, and I consider myself ignorant with the universe of religions that exist. However, I respect each one of them and I think it is very good that people find in it, a light that helps them to be the best version of themselves, among other things.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Hallucinogenic Mushrooms 🍄🍄🍄

The other time I read an article that completely caught my attention as it had this title; "HALLUCINOGENIC MUSHROOMS: NATURAL TREATMENT...